Unfortunately the Thirsty Milo Portable Dog Water Bowl has been discontinued.
Please take a look at our Keeping Cool category for alternative products.
The Thirsty Milo is a portable 1.5 litre water container and drinking bowl in one for your dog. Just place it on the ground, unscrew the lid and your dog has easy access to fresh water.
At one time or another we all find ourselves out about with our dogs' and they need a drink, fresh water isn't always available where we may choose to take our dogs'. Rather than carrying a separate water bottle and bowl, I'm sure we would all prefer the 'all in one' option, a portable dog water bowl.
The Thirsty Milo is an excellent option for any sized dog, the aperture is a decent size for even the largest of muzzles to comfortably drink from. Having tested this product directly, we now use Thirsty Milo at our agility training sessions, pet obedience training sessions and on walks with our own dogs'. Thirsty Milo is lightweight and therefore, easy to carry with a generous space to hold the bowl itself. In warmer weathers you also have the option to fill up your Thirsty Milo and pop it in the fridge to cool the water down prior to taking it out and about with your dog.
Usable Liquid Volume: 1.5 litres
Size: 27 cm's x 19 cm's x 8 cm's
Drinking Aperture: 12 cm's
The Thirsty Milo also comes with a manufacturer 2 year guarantee against manufacturing defects
Benefits of the Thirsty Milo
- Fresh, clean water on tap anytime, anywhere.
- No more bottles or dishes rolling around in the back of your car.
- Comfortable to carry and easy to clean (you can put the bowl and cap in the dishwasher, on the top shelf).
- Ideal for when you are 'out and about' or at home.
- It floats with its lid on (if you manage to drop it over the side of a boat).
- Easy to fill via the large 12 cm aperture.
- Stable when in use on the floor. It doesn't need to be held and won't collapse if stood on or knocked.
- 2 year guarantee against manufacturing defects.
How to Use the Thirsty Milo Portable Dog Water Bowl
- Before use, unscrew the lid and fill with water (we recommend you do wash your Thirsty Milo before first use).
- To use, place on the ground.
- Unscrew the lid.
- Let your dog drink
It could not be simpler.
First Use and General Cleaning Instructions.
- Wash your Thirsty Milo before first use.
- Use a mild detergent and a soft cloth to avoid unnecessary abrasion which can harbour disease, dirt and bacteria. If required, a soft bottle cleaning brush can be used to reach the inside of the handle area.
- Ensure you do rinse out thoroughly with fresh clean water, ensuring no detergent is left inside.
- To get the water out we found it best to turn the bowl upside down (with the cap unscrewed and removed) and shake up and down and around to remove the excess water.
- Wipe inside with a soft, clean, dry cloth and either use straight away or leave to air dry with the cap off to ensure no moisture is left inside after use and cleaning which can create an environment in which mould and bacteria can grow.
- You can put the bowl and cap in the dishwasher (on the top shelf), but make sure all the detergent is thoroughly rinsed out.
In certain areas, particularly in sandy or gritty environments such as the beach, grit and particles can infiltrate into the screw thread and o-ring seating. This could cause damage and prevent an effective seal when tightening the cap and subsequently loose water. Therefore, ensure there are no grit and particles in the bowl or cap thread before closing and tightening and rinse the aperture and screw thread with water, removing any foreign debris with a cloth or soft brush as required. Check o-ring and surfaces for damage.
To avoid any damage to electronics, other items or materials that may be adversely affected by water, you should never store your Thirsty Milo with any of these items in the unlikely event of incorrect closure, seal damage or seal failure.